« Piano Melodico | Main | The Bob Cats »


mister anchovy

What do you mean by unisonoric? Does that mean same reed configuration on the push and the pull? Every melodean I've seen is set up more or less like a diatonic harmonica.

Alison Scott

No, it's bisonoric -- different notes on the same button on push and pull, on both treble and bass. The one-row melodeon has treble that's very like a harmonica, as the other poster suggests.

There's lots of stuff about melodeons, including keyboard layouts (which do vary quite considerably), at . Which is one of John Spiers' sites, though he no longer posts himself.


Funnily enough bisonoric is what I meant. Not sure why I wrote unisonoric.

The forums on are well worth checking out, by the way.

The comments to this entry are closed.